What is cloud client computing?
Looking for an IT solution that replaces the legacy PC, with a simpler model leveraging virtualization and the cloud, supported by the recognized industry leaders?
Cloud client computing is the ultimate client computing solution for our time.
It replaces the outdated computing model of the unsecure, unreliable, un-green and expensive PC. Cloud client computing delivers the security, reliability, and user experience with the lowest energy usage and total cost of ownership. Cloud client computing simply connects all the dots: cloud client software, hardware and services.
Dell Wyse provides its customers and partners with the broadest and deepest portfolio of cloud clients, including thin, zero and cloud PC clients, supported by the leading cloud, virtualization and management software suites in the industry. Dell Wyse independently partners with the leading datacenter, networking and collaboration solution providers within its global partner ecosystem to help organizations and people reach the clouds – in a private, public, government or, even in a personal cloud. Dell Wyse’s mission is to enable any user, anywhere, to connect to any content via any app in any work environment without constraints, conflicts or compromises.
Dell Wyse believes that cloud client computing not only drives better economic and productivity results for organizations, but, also drives societal change throughout the world. Cloud client computing reduces the cost, eliminates the complexity and enables the reach of computing to the next six billion users via billions of devices pervasive in every aspect of our lives.
Cloud client computing is a journey to real freedom. The freedom we have been waiting for to eliminate the complexity, risk and cost of the out-dated computing model centered around the PC and its ecosystem. Cloud client computing effortlessly brings all components of this freedom together: It’s software. It’s hardware. It’s services. It’s in business. It’s at home. It‘s on the go. It gives you the ultimate freedom — so you can focus on what is important.
Welcome to Dell cloud client computing!
Dell cloud client computing includes the hardware, software and services to ensure your cloud computing or desktop virtualization environment delivers the maximum results in security, performance, reliability, flexibility, scalability, experience and Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) savings (both in OPEX and CAPEX) with the lowest possible energy usage.
What are the solutions from Dell in the new cloud client computing era?
Dell Cloud Client Software Portfolio
- Management Software
- Dell Wyse Device Manager - Manage tens to thousands of cloud clients with cloud-centric device management for the extended enterprise.
- Dell Wyse Configuration Manager - Simplify and automate configuration of Windows Embedded thin clients.
- Dell Wyse Cloud Client Manager - Thin clients, mobile devices, access to apps and content; all securely managed from the cloud.
- Virtualization Software
- Cloud Software
- Mobility Software
- Dell Wyse PocketCloud mobile cloud software - Content management from the cloud. Connect to your personal, private or public cloud from iOS or Android tablets and smartphones with the leading cloud-based mobile app suite.
Dell Wyse Cloud Client Portfolio
- Desktop and Mobile
- Dell Wyse thin clients – The flexible PC replacement for virtualized and cloud environments.
- Dell Wyse zero clients – A thinner thin client delivering additional management and security benefits.
- Dell Wyse cloud PCs – The PC you know, only better – distributed performance, easier management, through centralized OS, applications, and content.
- Using Dell Wyse PocketCloud Mobile cloud software (above)
- Repurposed PCs
- Using Dell Wyse PC Extender Virtualization software (above)
Dell Wyse Service and Support Portfolio
- Dell Wyse Pre- and Post-Sales Services – Delivering the best pre- and post-sales service and support worldwide through dedicated Dell Wyse professionals, global and regional partners.
- Dell Wyse Customer and Partner Support – Providing comprehensive global support service via online, offline and/or real-time contact with dedicated Dell Wyse professionals throughout the world, anytime, anywhere.
- Dell Wyse Education Services – Delivering the leading training service making you an expert via Dell Wyse’s dedicated field and HQ-based training staff within your organization.